Thursday, March 1, 2018

1.17 Happy birthday!

Catarina hadn't told anyone it was her birthday. She wanted it to be a special night without any kids interrupting her conversation with Angela. So she asked her to grab dinner at Berger's Burgers. When they brought over a birthday cake as desert, Angela smiled. 
"You think you're the only one who can be sneaky?", she asked. 
"Who told you?", Catarina chuckled. 
"It was Viljo, but don't be mad, he just wanted you to have fun!" 
"I'm not. The cake looks delicious!" 


"You know why I asked you to meet up tonight?", Catarina asked between two bites of cake. 
"To celebrate your birthday, d'uh?!"
"No, silly. I wanted to ask you, well, would you like to become a part of the orphanage team?"
"You mean move in with you?"
"Well, if you want to put it that way...you would get your own room though..."
"You know that I am still married to Maja, right?" 
"Yes", Catarina nodded in disappointment. 
"I'll have to sort some things out, but then: YES! I love the orphanage, I love the kids. Of course I'll come. Not that I haven't been spending every day there for the past couple of months anyway!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment