Saturday, March 10, 2018

1.26 Daddy issues


At first, Angela hadn't thought anything of it with all the emotional stress she was in right now from her Dad passing away and the confusing situation with Alex. She had been feeling a bit under the weather, being tired, hungry and irritable all the time. Her tummy was hurting too, but she connected that to the constipation she was experiencing. But when her period didn't come, Angela counted two and two together and bought a pregnancy test. It confirmed her worst fears. She was pregnant. And the father wasn't just anyone, oh no, it was her brother's husband Alex. The two of them sat down and talked. 
"Well, if you want to keep it, I can't stop you", Alex said. "We are family, no matter what happens. Willi and I will be there for the kid."
"We can't tell Willi!" Angela panicked. Her brother couldn't find out about this betrayal, it would break him. He wasn't in a good place right now anyway.


"Of course we can't tell him I'm the father. But he will find out you're pregnant anyway. Maybe becoming an uncle again might even be good for him."
"That might be a good idea. I will tell him, just give me some time. Are you sure everything is alright between the two of you?"
"As long as you don't tell, it will be. We love each other, him and I. A confused roll in the sheets won't change my feelings for him."


"How am I going to pay for the baby though? I don't have any money, I work full time at the orphanage for room and board only. I can't even afford to have a baby!" It began to dawn on Angela that this was going to get more complicated than she had thought.
"You can count me in for financial support!" Alex said immediately, "My kid will not want for anything as long as I can help it! We should keep that on the down low though."


Back at the orphanage, Angela went to talk to Catarina. She needed someone to confide in or she would go crazy.
"I feel so dirty, you know, so ashamed. I don't even know why I did it!", she told her.


Catarina was very understanding and offered to help however necessary. "You know that you are living at an orphanage, right? Your kid will just grow up here with the other kids and you don't even have to be a Mom, just the great caretaker you are to Charlotte and Ben already."
"Thank you for being such a great friend!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment