Saturday, March 3, 2018

1.19 Too late

Angela's first night at the orphanage, Charlotte had a nightmare. Something about a character she called Snoop, Angela didn't really understand why it was scary but she let Charlotte sleep in her bed that night to be safe.


It made her think of her own adopted daughter Elena who had slept in her bed sometimes as well when Maja and Angela had first brought her home. 


The next day, Angela went over to her family's house. Before moving to the orphanage, she had lived there with her Dad Willi and her two brothers Willi jr. and Inigo as well as Willi jr.'s husband Alex, her own wife Maja and their two adopted teenagers, Elena and Dominik. Things hadn't been great between Maja and her for a while. When she had met Catarina and had felt butterflies like never before, Angela knew that she had to leave. 


"What do you want, Angela?" It was a cold greeting, not exactly what you would expect from your wife. Or maybe you would, after you moved out to live with someone else without asking her first.
"I came to see the kids"
"I can't forbid you to do that but I doubt they would want to see you."
"And why is that?"


"Do you hear yourself sometimes?", Maja exclaimed, "You left. Just like that. Because you didn't know if you loved me anymore. Because you felt the need to explore something new. And now you stroll in here like nothing happened? What the fuck, Angela?"


"Oh come on, Maja! You know it wasn't as easy as that! When was the last time you told me you loved me? When was the last time we had sex? You can't tell me our relationship was peachy before I moved out. Something had to change and you knew it." Angela was pissed. This was not on her alone. 
Maja started sobbing. "Of course I had seen it coming! But why didn't we try to stop it?"


Angela sighed. "I don't know, Maja, I really don't. But I guess it's too late for that now."

No comments:

Post a Comment